Monday, July 29, 2013

Cilantro Hummus Summertime Favorite.... Easy!

I have really been enjoying the produce of the garden with Hummus this year! With all the green beans , tomatoes and cucumber its been such a perfect acompanyment. A friend gave me a great idea for my hummus... add a big hand full of cilantro and a hand full of spinach ... It turns it a beautiful green and the flavor is delicate and delicious. Now you can use the recipe I tested in my "New Years 2011 post" ...remember?  or 
This amended version I have been making this summer

1  (16oz)   can organic ready to eat garbanzo beans (and liquid)
1    cloves garlic
 juice of one fresh medium lemon
¼     cup tahini
 ¼cup olive oil, plus extra for garnish
1      teaspoon ground cumin
½      teaspoon salt (to taste)
       1 large handful of of Cilantro
and one medium handful of Spinach

Place beans, garlic, lemon juice, tahini,  ¼ cup of the olive oil, cilantro, spinach, cumin and salt in a food processor or blender (good Blender works best for me).
 Add liquid from the canned beans and process to a smooth consistency, about 2 minute.

And dig in with any fresh vegtables.. above I have lightly steamed green beans from the garden and a variety of tomatoes from the  garden and these  Crunchmaster Multi-Seed Crackers , they serve them on Virgin America Airlines and I just LOVE them...and just by chance they are gluten free

No comments: