Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!!!!!! 2011

 What a great way to spend New Years Day, Patrice and I tested vegan recipes for a friends new cookbook. 
Not that I am interested in becoming vegan (sorry Cheese is just way too good) its always fun to try new things and we alway make that a part of our new years 


First French Toast with a Cardamom Pear Compote
this seemed fun to me at first (no egg or milk) but I was surprised the texture and the taste were right on ! The Compote really gave the richness that didn't make you miss anything not even the the butter

then Home-made Hummus bi Tahini

 Ok I thought Hummus ... don't you just buy that already made! I have to say it was well worth the effort to make from scratch! It tasted so fresh, plus there is something to be said for making it yourself and participating in the process

and last but not least Muhammara

 This was an amazingly flavorful dip/spread! I had never had it but the taste of the peppers and the pomegranate molasses!!!! My new favorite thing! I spread it on grilled bread and topped with some baby arugula sprouts from the garden. It made a great lunch with a glass of Viognier! (hope thats vegan)

Thank goodness I was able to clean the bowl with some pita chips!!!

1 comment:

patrice said...

it was very good...